Hi Danny.  The boats in the water did mostly fine.  A lot of rocking and minor dings but nothing major.   There were 4 I believe boats on stands that had damage from falling off their stands.  All things considered it could have beef a lot worse.

Bob
SV Chara

On Mar 2, 2016, at 12:41 PM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS simms@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,
as a Vuda point regular I was concerned to see how they had fared. So the pit boats were OK. How did the ones in the water and on the hardstand fare.
Regards
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl

From: "bob Sarff bob.sarff@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Wednesday, 2 March 2016 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Maintenance SSB antenna

Thanks Alan for the quick reply.  I do have an automatic tuner and wondered if tuning to the longer physical length by adding in the triatic would be an advantage.

In at in a pit at Vuda Marina and we were spared the worst of the cyclone.  I came back to check the condition myself and found Chara in the same condition as I left her.  Much relieved!

There are three other Amels here and all look good.

Thanks again,    Bob

On Mar 2, 2016, at 12:24 PM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,
If you have an automatic tuner there would be no advantage in connecting the triatic to your backstay. The tuner tunes the frequency to the length of the antenna automatically.
If you don't have an auto tuner then you need to be aware of the length of your antenna relative to the frequencies you want to use. Some will work well, others hardly at all.
Where in Fiji are you ?
You survived WINSTON ok ?
Cheers
Alan