From: Veit M veitm@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Wed, Mar 2, 2016 12:22 pm
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rub rail rubber gutter

Hi Mike:

We've had ours done last year = no problem, except it's still short.

Cheers,
Veit
s/v Atman SM215

On Mar 2, 2016, at 7:26 AM, 'Mike Ondra' mdondra@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

What has been the relative success rate in removing and reinstalling the rubber gutter on the top of the rub rail.  Do they lose their elasticity and become too stiff to reinstall. And at what age was it when this was successfully or unsuccessfully done. Our 15 year old gutter has shrunk about an inch (at the stern). We would like to remove it to paint the rub rail, and then reinstall. Perhaps an impossible mission.

Mike Ondra
Aletes SM#240
BVI