Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Rig Tuning

Craig Briggs

Hi Enio,
Yes, it would be much easier if we should all spoke each others language! But I think I understand you. Let us know what happens when you remove the rope baby stay.
I do think you should not have to use the baby stay to tune your rig - if you loosen everything, including the lowers, your mast should be straight.  Is it?
Cheers, Craig SN68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., <rossienio@...> wrote :

Hi Craigh, I think my problem of reverse bend of the upper part of main mast, is due to a DEFORMATION produced by having kept too straight the forestay and the backstay too slow with strong winds.
Now I have losened the forestay, I put a rope as babystay that attaches to the crosses high and tight the backstay. So the mast seems ok, I hope that the mast remains that way even without baby. Greetings to all and i hope you understand wath I mean in Elglish. Regards. Enio