Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Installation problem for stainless steel cast mixing elbow for YANMAR engine 4JH3

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Bill,
I bought the same mixing elbow as all of you. But it has thick mounting flange 12 mm and mounting pins on my engine were not long sufficiently to accommodate thick flange. Fabricated elbow has 6 mm flange.

On Mar 8, 2016 12:43 PM, "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Vladimir,

I did not see what engine you have, BUT, the one I bought from an eBay supplier was a simple installation and perfect fit on my 100hp Yanmar 4JH3-HTE, and several other Yanmar models owned by non-Amel friends who have the 56hp, 75hp, and 110hp Yanmar.

Bill
BeBe

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 12:07 PM, Vladimir Sonsev sonsev52@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Eric,

You are correct. That is also a solution. I will try to do that on Monday.

I wrote my original email as a warning to those who has this cast elbow. It is not just simple replacement.

Did anybody use liquid gasket in addition to a metal one for installation of new mixing elbow?

Vladimir
SM 345 "Life is Good"

On Mar 5, 2016 8:33 PM, "sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Why don’t you take the elbow to a machine ship and have them mill off 6 mm of the flange?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376