From: "Germain Jean-Pierre jgermain@... [amelyachtowners]"
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Wednesday, 9 March 2016 9:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Things Recently Learned:Outboard engines, Dinghy, & NMEA connections

Hello Gang,

I passed on 3D tenders when shopping for a new dinghy… I’d spotted the design problems.  I bought an AB with double alu bottom capable of 15 HP.  I luckily found a brand new Yamaha Enduro, bought and placed in a garage and the bloke died 3 days later. Had never been run.  The Yamaha is the best OB i’ve ever owned.

I had a Honda 4 ST on my last boat and it was a PITA.  Vibrations were its key feature.  Hard to start too.

Jean-Pierre
Eleuthera SM 007

On 9 Mar 2016, at 08:50, mkbiz@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Bill, for the introduction to the joys of 3D tender :)

I am awaiting my own first 3D (UL 270) these days now. So the oars really prevent sitting on the pontoon ? Wonder how the French ride a dinghy...
I didn't order the frontlocker to keep the weight light. So storing them in the alternate position should work I hope.

Have you any other issues with the dinghy by now ?

Michael
Sioned, Maramu # 148

Posted by: mkbiz@...