Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Solar Energy System

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Duane,

I would listen to John, Maramu #91 Popeye as a voice of experience and someone who I respect his opinion. You never know when your boat will be in a serious blow and you never know if you will be aboard when it happens...and it usually happens at dark-thirty.

Good luck! I love solar!

Best,

Bill
BeBe 387
Currently Rodney Bay Marina, St. Lucia for about a week

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 10:19 PM, sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

I used your solar spreadsheet (nice!) to check out needed capacity.  At first I was interested in just enough solar just to keep the batteries topped up when we're gone.  The more I got into it, it seemed that I might as well mount as much capacity as would reasonable fit.  If I go with the fixed mount I can run some props up from the pole that will stabilize the bigger panels.  Two of the 260 watt panels would improve on the reduction in generator run time.

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477