Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Coppercoat revisited

Hi Hanspeter,    In 2010, in England, I think it cost us about £4,500. However, that included hauling, storing, sandblasting and Coppercoating. The work is all in the preparation, not least on the iron keel. Actually applying the Coppercoat is very simple as it's a water based paint that  is applied by rollers and can be overcoated quickly. Many people do this themselves with good results. The most important thing is to have two people when applying, one to keep mixing small quantities ( to keep the copper content in suspension) while the other uses the roller.

Wives can be very useful!

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Greece

From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of 'Hanspeter.baettig' hanspeter.baettig@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 09 March 2016 22:48
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Coppercoat revisited

Hello Ian
How much cost the cuppercoat application for a Super Maramu?
On a clean boat ?
Best regards
Hanspeter, SM16,Tamango 2

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 09.03.2016 um 16:10 schrieb Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

 Hi Bill,

 Well, that's a first ! not heard of any other supplier who has had that problem. Nor we, now in our sixth year. It's not perfect, but for us it has saved us endless sandings , fillings and paintings, to say nothing of hauling charges. There are many recorded instances of people using it happily in all waters for ten years and more.

I guess that, as with all paint jobs, fail to prepare and prepare to fail.

   There are at least 50,000 boats worldwide, including many commercial ( oil service vessels etc,) and multimillion dollar yachts who use Coppercoat.  If you google  Coppercoat you can read of  issues that people have raised, but actually extraordinarily few.

 Up with the Coppercoaters!

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Preveza Greece