Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: D60 membranes

michael grunstein <mgrunstein2002@...>

Cheers for the gin. I have new end caps (from Amel),
however I did not receive the membranes yet and I am
away from the boat. The job will be done in January
and I will report the resulting TDS.
Happy new year to you and the group, Michael, Yonita

--- Ian & Judy Jenkins <ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com> ,
wrote:

Thanks , Michael. Did you change the endcaps and
bobbin at the same time and
if so did you get them from Caroline Oldham or Amel?
By the way, I have found the solution to shot
membranes. Mine were putting
out 2240TDS before I shut them down. But get
this....neat Gin comes in at
2.5 TDS. So I figured that with a couple of crates
of Gordons in the bilges
I could mix the lot and meet FDA regs ( 500TDS max).
Imagine, showering and
cocktails at the same time!
Happy New Year everyone, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen,
Ushuaia.

From: michael grunstein <mgrunstein2002@yahoo.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: D60 membranes
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 03:04:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jan & Judy,
I ordered the membranes from Air Ice & Water, the
reference is SW30-2521 and they cost $158 each.
Prior
to ordering, I consulted with Caroline at Advance
Yachts who represent Dessalator in the UK. Her
contact
is: caroline.oldham@advanceyacht.co.uk

Wishing you tasty waters, Michael, Yonita

--- Ian & Judy Jenkins <ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Hi Michael, I now need to replace my D60
membranes.
What was the reference
for your replacements? Did you get them from
AirIce
and waht did they charge
for two?
Fair winds, Ian Jenkins, Pen Azen, Ushuaia

From: michael grunstein
<mgrunstein2002@yahoo.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: TDS levels
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 08:06:20 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Judy, I found the membranes to fit the
D60
and
I have thaken the assembly apart before. So
thanks
again for taking the time to respond, Michael

--- Judy <sailingjudy@gmail.com> wrote:

I believe the D60 is different from our
model.
Our
model is the
Dessalator 160 which is the 240 volt 50 hz,
160
liter/hour watermaker.

The membranes we purchased from Air Water
and
Ice
are SW30-2540.
These are 2.5" x 40"

Before you do anything study the photo
section
on
this website for
the watermaker and membrane tubes and some
very
detailed instructions
in a posting both done by Gary Silver, a SM2
owner.

I believe you can measure your membrane
tubes to
determine if they
are about 2.75" outside diameter (2.5'
inside
diameter) and about 40"
long between the end caps.

We recommend ordering a complete set of O
rings
for
the end caps and
for the high pressure fittings (3 ---1 an
interconnect bobbin between
the two tubes and two raw water inlet
fittings)
from
Amel or
Dessalator before you start the job...also
you
will
find postings on
this website for O ring sizes if you want to
buy
generic O rings.

We not only needed a few O rings, but also
had
replace 2 end caps
(the seats in the end caps for the
interconnect
bobbin were in bad
shape from high pressure leakage)...we
elected
replace all 4 end
caps.

Bill & Judy Rouse
S/V Security
SM2 #387

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com,
michael
grunstein
<mgrunstein2002@...> wrote:

Judy, I am in touch with Air, Water & Ice
re
the
membranes and they are telling me that you
bought
the
SW3-2540 membranes. Can you please confirm
me
that
your watermaker actually is the Dessalator
D60.
Thanks, Michael SM #345

Live Mail
http://ideas.live.com