Re: mini-m

kimberlite1212 <no_reply@...>

john,
my amel will also have the whip antenna, but i am having one
backstay insulated as a backup. my question still is will the mini-m
mount interfere with the insulated backstay if i use it.

wher are you located?

eric

--- In amelyachtowners@y..., jfolino901 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
--- In amelyachtowners@y..., kimberlite1212 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
John,
My question was about the way that Amel mounts the mini-m
It is mounted on a bracket between the backstays.
i was wondering what effect that would have on an insulated
backstay.
I was wondering if anyone had that setup installed on their sm
and
its effect on the ssb reception/transmission.
fair winds,
eric
YES, MY MINI-M DISH UNIT MOUNTS BETWEEN MY SPLIT BACKSTAY, BUT I
HAVE A SEPARATE WHIP FOR SSB. THE WIP ALLOWED MY ICOM M-710 TO
TALK
TO HERB, SOUTHBOUND II FROM THE CANARIES TO THE CARIBBEAN. MY
BACKSTAY ISN'T INSULATED!

--- In amelyachtowners@y..., jfolino901 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
--- In amelyachtowners@y..., kimberlite1212 <no_reply@y...>
wrote:
does anyone have a mini-m phone installed on a insulated
backstay?
thanks
eric
ERIC,
I DON'T THINK THIS WILL WORK. THE ANTENNA FOR THE MINI-M
CONTAINS
SPECIAL DISH THAT IS ORIENTED BY INTERNAL SERVO MOTORS TO AIM
AT
THE
SATELLITE AND READJUSTS ITS AIM AS THE BOAT PITCH, YAWS AND
MOVES
ABOUT. THE MINI-M HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A STAY AS A SSB MIGHT!
JOHN