Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel 55 layout

Bob Grey

Ken, I have an Amel 55 with a single aft owners cabin, there are two designs of aft layout, but would suggest get the single aft cabin as I agree with you about a bow cabin being less comfortable sailing, but comfortable at anchor.

Robert Grey
Renaissance 3

On Monday, March 21, 2016, 07:18, kennetholsen468@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

One thing I find counter-intuitive about the new 55 is the stateroom layout.  I thought the 54 had the perfect layout, with aft owner's cabin and two guest cabins forward.  The Amel 55 has the owners cabin forward, which I have always found unusable in weather.  Can any owner of the 55 advise me on the usability of the owner's cabin in moderate to heavy seas?  I inspected one in Newport and asked the Amel rep about this strange change, and he could only shrug his shoulders implicitly acknowledging the unique choice.  Anyhow, wondering if others have opinions on this.  We are torn between an Amel 54 and 55.