Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Overcurrent Protection on Winches, Windlass, and Bowthruster

karkauai

Thanks every one. Don, did you use the 300A fuses ?
Thanks
Kent

On Jan 1, 2016, at 10:30 AM, svharmonie@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Blue Sea Systems make a fuse holder and fuses which mount directly on the battery.  This is a relatively low cost way of complying with this standard and protecting the larger wiring circuits.  We installed fuses on each pair of batteries in the bank as well as the starting battery.  We have not had a fuse blow in the three years that they have been installed.  This has not caused problems with the thruster or any other equipment.

Don Myers

Harmonie, SM160