Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: A take on the 55

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Well said, John.

Like I said earlier, the changes were probably needed, but the fact that Amel's  team and their current clients did not understand was a grave mistake.

The fact that none of us can answer "why the 55" is a sign that this mistake continues. In fact, we should be advocates of the 55 and Amel. Its success is tied to Amel's success which is directly linked to the value of our boats.

I sorely wish that I knew the complete answer.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Mar 23, 2016 06:56, "Bill & Judy Rouse" <svbebe@...> wrote:

Well said, John.

Like I said earlier, the changes were probably needed, but the fact that Amel's  team and their current clients did not understand was a grave mistake.

The fact that none of us can answer "why the 55" is a sign that this mistake continues. In fact, we should be advocates of the 55 and Amel. Its success is tied to Amel's success which is directly linked to the value of our boats.

I sorely wish that I knew the complete answer.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Mar 23, 2016 05:48, "jjjk12s@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

What is it with bagging of the 55? I remember when the 54 was criticized when it came out and especially after that terrible accident with the gentleman on a halyard on an electric winch.

These boats can be compared in the market place to Discovery, Oyster and Contest etc and it amazes me that they are so much less expensive and more practical. It is apparently a feature of the modern 50ft+ market though that these new boats don't get used as much by ocean sailing couples and many buyers have different priorities, being time poor and likely to do less ocean crossings except with help, and probably have more focus on coastal cruising, comfort, performance and, yes, bling.

I think it is admirable that they have the bravery to introduce new things with new models. Think of the big changes from the Mango to the Super Maramu.

The combined wisdom of the builders and designers, and their huge experience, has to stand for something without people jumping to the conclusion that they are fools.

Just my opinion, I think the Amel 55 is great.

John, Maramu, Popeye