Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Frigoboat Danfoss Compressor Speed - How to change

karkauai

Y'all never cease to amaze me!  How did you figure all this out?
Kent SM 243 Kristy

On Mar 24, 2016, at 2:06 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Gerhard,

I believe the fan is controlled by the Danfoss compressor module 101N0210.

You might try swapping that module. If you do not have a spare and do not want to buy one to test, it is the same module on the freezer. If you swap them, be very careful to get the wires correct. If I am not mistaken, the compressor uses 220VAC and the 101N0210 is among other things, an inverter to make 220VAC from 24VDC.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Mar 24, 2016 13:07, "pepinoamel" <no_reply@...> wrote:

Hi Bill & all!

I can confirm your experience with the compressor speed.  I've been running my fridge in Summer in the 160L setting and in Winter on 130L, as recommended by a knowledgeable fridge mechanic.  My experience is it works very well and I believe puts a lot less stress on the compressor.

I have another problem somebody might have a solution to or suggestion.  I have the fast and slow fan setting on my fridge, as I believe most SM 2000's have.  A few months ago the slow fan speed setting started to stop the compressor and I get two red flashes for faulty fan.  I've changed the fan, I've changed the switch and I still have the same result.  Has anybody got any idea how to fix this?  In Winter I prefer to run the fan on the slow setting.  According to the Greek Frigoboat agent, the Master unit is not available anymore.

Thanks.

Ger hard Hoffmann

Pepino SM381

Evia, Greece