Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Boat battery charging using 220 VAC 60 Hz.

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Bill,

Thaks a lot. I appriciate your help.

But I could not open the lik. I will try to go throgh the photos to find your postings.

Best regards,
Vladimir SM 345

On Mar 26, 2016 2:03 PM, "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Vladamir,

Here I go helping an Amel owner again...I just can't help it. Remember I told you that I am the advocate of Amel

You go to the Yahoo Group website, click on Photos and in the search box enter "shore power." You will get 1 result which is located at:

Full disclosure: The person who prepared this is NOT an electrical or mechanical engineer...he is me, so beware!

The next time maybe you will go a little easier on me when I defend Amel and its designs. ;)

Bill
BeBe 387

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Vladimir Sonsev sonsev52@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill, thanks.
Can you give me a hint how to find that photo. Or if you can, just email it to me: sonsev52 at gmail.com.

Many thanks for your help.

On Mar 25, 2016 8:39 AM, "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Vladamir,

If you do not have a transformer as Kent described, and if you have the original Dolphin battery charger, and if you wire the shore power connection correctly for 220VAC 60htz, your original Dolphin battery charger will work fine.

You will need 220VAC 60htz service and an American 220VAC connector...AND, MOST IMPORTANTLY wire it correctly. Several years ago I posted photos in the photo section of how to wire the connector.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Mar 24, 2016 18:44, "Vladimir Sonsev sonsev52@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Very soon I will sail my new Amel-Super-Maramu 2000 home to Annapolis from Caribbean.
I want to maintain battary charge on my boat using power hookups on my marina.
I have a portable transformer and I can increase voltage from 110 to 220 VAC, but it still going to be 60  Hz. Do you know if the battery charger will work at 220 VAC 60 Hz? Did somebody tried this?

Vladimir
SM 345 "LIFE IS GOOD"