Re: 3 Phase Dive Compressor

jjjk12s@...

When I bought Popeye it had no compressor but one had been on previously and running from a 4 kvA gen set. From some spares left I think it was a Bauer Junior. It appeared that the set up had been to run a 3 phase compressor motor from the single phase generator as the compressor had previously been in the sail locker opposite the forward heads and there was a remaining electrical box with fairly large condensers which I believe was used to convert to 3 phase. The reason for it would probably have been to be able to run an electric motor off a generator that was too small for a similar sized single phase motor. An electrician should be able to make a similar set up.

John, Popeye, Maramu #91