Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Hot cockpit

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

Please!
End your E-mails with your name, boat name, model and hull number.

This is not a forum where you are automatically identified.

Regards
Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila, SM 232, 1998.

Skickat från min iPad

27 mars 2016 kl. 19:35 skrev 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

For your information two 24VDC computer fans will mount on the screen for the small ports, like the one from the cockpit. These fans will bring more air into the aft cabin than a larger hatch. If you do this, try to buy waterproof fans with ball bearings. They exist, but are hard to find

If you don't have mosquito screens for these ports, cut a piece of plywood or starboard to fit firmly in place. Cut holes for the fans. Connect to 24VDV...CHILL.

You can also mount TWO 24VDC fans on starboard mounted under the aft hatch to bring more air inside.

On Mar 27, 2016 13:24, "michelelucciol@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello,

I have an amel Supermaramu from 2000 and I have installed a new hatches on the top of the aft cabin (on the toilet) but the ventilation is still light because the fixed window of the dodger stop the air .....I saw you have opening hatches on both the side of the aft cabin...may you send me a pics of them?
Thanks
Michele