Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Safety hatches

Paul Osterberg

Kent
The fixed one is "only" screwed into the side of the frame, but I still think it hold for a rather a good kick, the one that one can be open are bolted through so very strong, at least that part. I think it prevent the occasional thief it's easier to take an other boot, but If they have decided tro get in to the boat and they have som tools they will get in. the same goes for the main companion way, but we have had Emek to make a very solid SS cover for the connection with the hatch and the "wash board", however with a battery driven angle grinder one get in into most boats but few occasional thief's has them I guess
Paul SM#259