Bilge pump

Patrick McAneny

I just purchased a sm a month ago,and I have a couple of
questions.First,in the event that say the supply hose for the foreward
head began to leak at the seacock, how would the water find its way to
the bilge other than to rise to the level to where it could flow
through the shower drain?What if the flow rate exceeded the drains
capacity?Secondly,on my previous boats, I went to great lenght to
insure nothing got into my deep bilge ,but water.I was surprised that
the showers as well as as the galley sinks empty to the bilge.Does that
not create a potential for the bilge to accumulate matter that could
block the pump intake?