Wind vane self steering and wind generator gear for Santorin or SM

jonathan681684 <john.stonier@...>

Does anyone have a recommendation for the type of Wind Vane self
steering to fit on a Santorin or SM. From what I have read I prefer the
Hydrovane, but it is expensive vs the Monitor. Any thoughts on the
ability of the Hydrovane's rudder to contol the boat vs the Monitors
use of the boats rudder, especially downwind with strong winds ?

Also does anyone have a recommendation for wind generators, and whether
to fit it high on the mizzen or on a dedicated pole far aft ?

John Stonier, Santorin Allegra