Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Vibrations Propellor Shaft, engine ?

karkauai

I tricked my SM from Lake Texoma to Galveston TX 8 yrs ago.  I'm sorry I don't know the heights, but they used a low-rider truck bed which only had 8-10 inches of clearance from the ground, and removed the hard dodger to get her low enough to go under bridges and wires.  They did not remove the safety railings.  She came through without a scratch.
Kent
SM243
Kristy

On Apr 24, 2016, at 1:55 AM, lokiyawl2 lokiyawl2@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jean Pierre,
    I did a physical measurement of the bridge I would need to clear using a helium balloon and string and the measurement would leave 2-3' of clearance.  The moon tide is is only 1/2" at this location.
   There is another vertical measurement that I need so that I can determine if a SM could be trucked to my shop.  It is the fixed total vertical height from the bottom of the keel to the top of the highest fixed structure.
Thanks for your help,
James

Sent from my Galaxy S®III

From: "herbert@... [amelyachtowners]"
Date:04/23/2016 3:10 PM (GMT-05:00)

thanks JP, we also changed now the engine and transmission mounts, engine vibrations are gone, but the vibration of the propellor is still there if we are "sailing fast", but now it starts when sailing more than ~ 7,3 knots, below that no vibrations. when these vibrations start we put in the reverse gear to avoid the propellor spinning. we will not takle any more action on that.
herbert
SN 120, KALI MERA

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera, Amel Super Maramu 007
Porto Turistico Marina di Ragusa, Pontoon M15,
97100 Ragusa, Sicily, Italy
+44 7551 211 511
jp.germain@...