Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hauling SM with Lifting Plates

Ian Park

Had my Santorin lifted by deck plates. They just moved the hooks up a couple of links on one side to tilt the boat slightly to avoid the triatic. Worked a treat. Yes crane hook needs to be well clear of triatic too.

Ian

Ocean Hobo. sN96

On 23 Apr 2016, at 02:06, pepinoamel <no_reply@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I am planning to get hauled out with a mobile crane using the Amel lifting plates.  The Amel instruction book recommends a minimum of 6m straps and an extra shackle for the straps on the side away from the crane to avoid the triadic stay.  I plan to use 20m steel straps so the crane hook is way over the triadic stay and the boat can be  lifted  evenly.  Has anybody had experience using this method?

Thanks.

Gerhard Hoffmann

Pepino SM381

Evia, Greece