Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Onan Generator and Starting Battery

Andrew & Kate Lamb

Jim

A couple of years ago I changed my Xantec monitor to a Victron Monitor which advertised that it would measure the house batteries and the starter motor battery for me. I thought this would be really good as well as the fact that it integrates with the other Victron products and allows me to gather together all the charging, inverting solar power data etc and remotely monitor these. Problem is on the Amel the house batteries and started battery are isolated from each other and the Victron battery monitor relies on them sharing the –ve to measure load and voltage correctly. I therefore get pretty much a random value usually around 3 volts on the starter battery recorded – it does vary a bit but essentially it is random as the two systems are isolated from each other. I wonder if you are experiencing the same thing -  I just decided to live with it rather than making any changes to the isolation that is clearly there by design.

Andrew

Ronpische

SM 472

Canet–en-Roussillon