Re: Mango 46 vs. Mango 48.5

Howard Berger

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Howard Berger"
<svresolute@...> wrote:

Hello, everyone, my name is Howard Berger. I'm new to the group. My
wife Lynda and I haved looked at a Maramu 46 (the best open cockpit
I've ever seen in a boat) which we're considering purchasing, but I've
just become aware that Amel also produced this model as a "48.5". The
Amel site only lists the specs for the 46.

Could someone please tell me what the differences are between the two?
I assume they added length in the ends, but did they increase the
beam as well?

Best regards,
HB
Hello, again.

Sorry for the confusion in the Subject line. I meant Maraumu, not
Mango. And looking through prior posts, it appears that the 46 and
the 48 are the same size (13.8 meters).

I wonder where the "48" moniker came from. Possibly LOA, including
bow rollers.