Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Information about Amel 1987 Maramu Sueno

seafeverofcuan@...

James,
          I have dealt with Michel Charpentier on two occasions. He is simply straight as a die and a pleasure to do business with.
If I were lucky enough to be looking for another Amel it would be Joel in the USA and Michel in Europe with Oliver as the surveyor, that way you minimise you risk.
With the purchase of a boat through Michel or Joel, they will give you a number days training to instruct you in not only the practical workings of Amel, but equally the psychology behind the design.
Your recent concerns regarding bow thrusters  being a case in point, properly maintained they are excellent. I am surprised that no one mention that the Super Maramu is designed to be maneuvered stern to when docking using the bow thruster, Michel told me that on my first day and it was simple ever since,just NEVER hand over the bow warp until you are along side.
Good luck with your search, the bits built by Amel will not let you down, as ever, the more that you can reduce the moving parts, the more time you will have for sailing.
I am only sorry that Amel no longer build smaller boats, it has been a real pain trying to find a worthy replacement for my SM.
Fair winds,
Trevor Lusty
Former owner Seafever of Cuan
SM 425