Re: Replacement or repair of the Scheiber 110 to 230 volt transformer

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

I have the same setup transformer in my boat.  So far, I have not found a marina in the Caribbean that does not have 220v power so I have not used it.

I do have a question on this transformer:  when one has this unit, does it serve as an isolation transformer as well as step-up unit?  It does seem having this unit wired between shore power and the boat may isolate the boat from stray currents ... but not sure.  I would be great to a more educated opinion.

Ben Driver

La Bella Vita

SM #347