Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Haul-out facilities in Grenada

Ben and Gayle Super Maramu #347

I suspected they may be busy so I emailed for availability.  I don't plan to have anything running except the battery charger so if accidentally disconnected from power for a week should not be a problem.

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347

On May 3, 2016, at 10:29 AM, Dennis Johns sbmesasailor@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

One thing Bill neglected to mention is that Spice Island Marine Services has filled to capacity in the past (don't know if that will be the case this year but they are sufficiently out of the hurricane corridor according to insurance companies) so if you plan to haul out there, you might need to make a reservation.  We hauled out there last Feb and in addition to yard storage, we opted for a monthly check where they open up the boat to air it out and check for leaks as well as check to make sure the shore power is still on.  We have the shore power on only for the battery charger as we had a terrible experience with a yard worker unplugging us in Barcelona and we had the refrigerator on with food in it.  Even if it had been checked once a month the mess could still have occurred, so we always empty the fridge and the freezer and leave them open when we leave now.  It's not cheap ($734/mo) but not much in the Caribbean is.

Dennis Johns
Libertad
Maramu #121
Spice Island Marine Services