Washing machine bearings

johnabo2003 <no_reply@...>

It is not possible to rotate the drum of my Thomson washing machine
both when it is powered off and on. When I try and run the machine it
stops and the change filter light flashes.

Having searched the archives I believe that the drum bearings are
frozen. Should it be possible to rotate the drum by hand when the
machine is both off and on?

I know that I can remove the corner panel to access the machine. My
question is how much of the machine has to be stripped down to access
the bearings. Also if it is dead, is it possible to get a replacement
machine and at what cost?

Regards
John Abercrombie
SM2003