Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Perkins Prima 60 Dimensions

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

James,

You do not need a socket, or a wrench.

You said you were going to remove glow-plugs or injectors. With either removed you can turn the crankshaft by hand using the belt to the alternator. If it does not turn by hand, rust has probably set in between rings and cylinder walls. If this has happened, forcing things with a socket could break rings and/or score cylinder walls. If it will not turn by hand with injectors removed, I suggest stripping the head off. I was lucky once a long time ago using penetrating oil to free rings from cylinder walls, but I was very lucky to do it without damage.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail