RE : [Amel Yacht Owners] FOC replacement

Serge Tremblay <laetitiaii@...>

I met with Mr Gateff, the director of the sailmaking Company (a subsidiary of Bic) making the original sails for Amel. He is based in Hyère, an I had him make a new Genoa for my Mango. We discussed the possibility of putting foam in the sail so as to have a better shape in the sail when reefed.

He was against the idea, suggested the sail would not have a good shape when not reefed, which is the way it is mainly used. And if there is to much wind, well, the shape is not as important.

I have used the new sail (made out of a recently developped Dacron based material) for a 2000 miles, it is very good.

Serge, Opera, Mango 51

btleonore <leonorebt@earthlink.net> a écrit :
Hi, I am considering buying a new FOC and have an old letter from Amel
stating that the size should be 153.8% Genoa. Does anyone know the
dimensions for that. Also would you install foam in the luff or not.
I do not think mine (SM72) has foam. Would you recommend Dacron and
any particular style. We are just a cruising boat so nothing fancy is
wanted. By looking at the Amel diagrams that came with the boat, it
appears that the luff is 17.1m, leach 16.15m and foot 9m. Does this
comport with what I am looking for? Thanks for your input.
Bill on Leonore of Sark.

Serge D. Tremblay

À bord d'OPÉRA

Lettres d'appel radioamateur: VE0ACI (contact radio: le réseau du capitaine, 14118 Mhz à 07:00 du matin, heure de Montréal, responsable M. André Fleury (450) 653 6021)

Tél:
Espagne: 34 606264003
Martinique:(596) (0)696398472
Montréal: (514) 871 0064