[Amel Yacht Owners] Generator failure (Field Breaker) won’t start

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good afternoon,

The passage from Samana (Dominican Republic) to San Juan (Puerto Rico) was rough (as the waive were in the nose, so lots of pounding.

As usual I started the genset to recharge the batteries, 2 or 3 minutes later was a big waive/pounding and it stopped.
The “Field breaker” pop.

I switch off all the 220 volt device, press the “Field breaker” back, started then shut down instantly, I tried starting with the DC breaker off, etc. same it shuts down instantly.
I don’t even know where to start to find the problem.

I own the ONAN MDKAL B Specs
http://nikimat.com/onan_mdkal_b_specs_12_volt_kubota_d1105.html
Unless I am mistaking there is no code to see (unlike the more recent genset).

Prior that I only used the genset lasts week for 18 minutes all was ok. Before that was a month before for 1.4 hour to exercise all the systems and all was ok.

Thanks in advance for your help…

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico