Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Hull Identification Number

Dan

Thank you

Doesn't have the HIN number anywhere. I have all the paper work. Will contact the USCG see what they can do.

Thanks again,
Danny

On May 9, 2016, at 6:13 PM, 'Joel Potter' jfpottercys@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Unless that boat was originally sold to North America and probably the USA in particular, it generally would not have a HIN as European governmental registration agencies used the yard build number until about 1986. The HIN was created by the United States Coast Guard and is a 12 to 15 element imprint/engraving, usually on the upper starboard part of the transom. On  most Super Maramu’s the number is at the starboard aft end of the rub rail, tucked up in the upper corner of the area where the hull sides meet the transom.

If you need a HIN, you can apply to the USCG to get one. Not difficult if you can prove you own the boat.

Always have fun with your Amel

Joel