Re: Problem changing transmission oil on Santorin 1991

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Fabio,

I got the photos. 

You have disconnected the small hose fitting on top of the C Drive that goes to the expansion tank. You are attempting to fill the C Drive through an oil pathway that normally flows out of the C Drive for heat expansion.

I am sure that you have an early model C Drive, but I think your problem may be in how you are filling it.

The way I fill the C Drive is I pour oil into the expansion tank. The oil drains out of the expansion tank through the large hose connected at the bottom of the expansion tank and to the side of the C Drive.

Is there some reason that you are filling it this way?

CW Bill Rouse, Admiral (Hon) Texas Navy
Yacht BeBe

+1758-384-8606 SE Caribbean
+1832-380-4970 Global VoiceMail

On May 11, 2016, at 13:13, Fabio Cavalieri <mas1766@...> wrote:

> Hi Bill and thank you for your prompt reply to my post.
>
> What I intend as thebcube is the following:
>
>
>
> The expansion tank is the following:
>
>
>
> The oil is not going down from the transmission cube to the propeller foot...
>
> I don't understand why, the only thinking now is that in 2011 the transmission have been disassembled and the conical gasket between the cube and the lower part has been substituted with a special big oring as web couldn't find the original one at that time.... The mechanic the made the job at that time told me today that this cannot cause and oil blockage and also the transmission properly worked for 5 years...I hope he is right!
>
> Not I was thinking to try putting the oil with a pressure pump from the lower hole, the one used to discharge the oil, in order to see if the oil is going up till the cube transmission...
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks and regards.
> Fabio
>
> Inviato da iPhone
>
>> Il giorno 09 mag 2016, alle ore 19:42, Bill & Judy Rouse <svbebe@...> ha scritto:
>>
>> Fabio,
>>
>> Do not listen to a mechanic who does not know Amel.
>>
>> First, I would look for something blocking the oil flow in the expansion tank (you refer to it as cube) and the line from the tank to the C Drive, including the fitting on top of the C Drive.
>>
>> Blockage will prevent oil from entering and will also slow oil when draining.
>>
>> I hope this helps you.
>>
>> CW Bill Rouse, Admiral (Hon) Texas Navy
>> Yacht BeBe
>>
>> +1758-384-8606 SE Caribbean
>> +1832-380-4970 Global VoiceMail

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.