Onan Genset Routine Service ??s

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Hello everyone:
Some time ago I purchased a copy of the Onan MDKAL (the genset
Liahona (2001 SM hull # 335), operator's manual and Parts Catalog.

Page 16 of the Operator's Manual shows a table entitled "Periodic
Maintenance Schedule". I have two questions:

1. At 800 hrs it indicates to adjust the valve lash and says this
must be performed by an authorize Onan Dealer. Has anybody
had this done, and if so what where the cost and time requirements?

2. At every 5 year interval the generator bearing should be
replaced. Again the indication is that this must be done by an
authorized Onan Dealer. Again, anybody had this done?
If so please post your experiences.

Thanks in advance,

Gary Silver