Foam Luff on FOC (Jib)

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Hi Bill:

About 2 years ago I purchased a "Caribbean Blaster" 110% Jib
from Joel's guy in Ft. Lauderdale. It has a foam luff and I have
loved it. I echo the remarks made about the size of this sail
when used with Caribbean winds. The foam luff gives the sail
better shape when furled and I don't think you loose anything
when fully deployed as the foam luff just "fairs' the luff of the
sail better to the "foil" of the furling mechanism. I can see
no down-side to having a foam luff on a furling headsail.

I have kept my Gateff headsail for the day when I do more
downwind sailing again but for winds of 15- 45 knots the
Caribbean Blaster is a great sail.

Gary Silver SM2000 Hull # 335