Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Recruiting Your Latest Thoughts on Interior Lights

VLADIMIR SONSEV

There are LED light balbs that go from red to wight depending on how many times you turn the switch ON/OFF. I have it on my previous boat. I like it. I want to get it for the cabin dome light.
I bought it on the Annapolis Boat show. Unfortunately I do not have the manufacturer name. I will try to find it. If I find it I post it. If you find it first please post it.

On May 17, 2016 12:17 PM, "greatketch@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

On our boat (SM #160) the installed cabin dome lights are single bulb G4 fixtures that have been converted to Dr LED bulbs.

There are two big problems from our perspective.  First there is NO provision for red lights for night vision protection, and the white LEDs are not nearly bright enough for our tastes.

Before pulling the trigger on converting saloon and galley to Alpenglow lamps, which I have great experience with, (https://www.alpenglowlights.com/overhead-light-info.html) I am wondering if anybody has other suggestions for adding red bulbs, and bright (9 Watt/600 lumen) high CRI white LED?

Bill Kinney
Harmonie SM #160
Port Canaveral, Florida.