Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Any clever and creative fishing rod storage?

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Bill,

Congratulations for moving the last belonging onboard Harmonie!!!

Here is where I put my 6 fishing rods.
http://nikimat.com/fishing_rodes.html

1 came with the boat and is located on the ceiling of the galley.

since the maximum legal was 6 in the Bahamas, added 5.
Aside for the one that came with the boat, they all have Shimano 50 TLD 2 Speed (all with 80 lbs line).
Trolling with 6 is not easy as often the lines get tangled… I often only use 4. But I am working on a solution…

I put the 2 long one amid ship pointing to the outside at 90 degree, then 2 along side, then 2 pointing inside with the lines near the mizzen backstay.

You are probably more experience fisherman than me, but just in case: make sure to always attach them while fishing, Crossing from Turks & Caicos to Samana, Dominican Republic a waive removed 1 from the holder, since it was secure with a line I did not loose it.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Any clever and creative fishing rod storage?
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 9:44 AM

Hello all...

We
are in the process of moving the last of our
"stuff" onto our Super Maramu.  As an avid
fisherman, I have a collection of 6 or 8 fishing rods that
need to go somewhere.

Right
now my best ideas are over the bunk in the passageway, or
clipped to the bottom of the cockpit locker lid.  Any other
creative ideas?

Bill
Kinney
Harmonie, SM#160