Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Any clever and creative fishing rod storage?

Stephen Davis

Hi Bill,

I stored my 3 Penn 50/wides with 6' trolling rods on the ceiling above the the port forward berth. Check this link for the holders used.   http://www.leetackle.com/rodstorage.html
I have the anodized aluminum version, and have found them to work well.

I keep my light tackle spinning rod on the shelf under the Lee board for the port forward berth.

My 7' heavier spinning rod is hanging on the ceiling above the shelf in the pilot berth area leading to the aft stateroom, and uses the same holder as my trolling rods up forward.

My bottom fishing rod which is infrequently used is stored on the ledge next to the hull, which you can access after you slide out the main salon berth. The reel is removed, and stored in a cabinet.

If you would like a picture of the trolling rod storage on the ceiling, send me your email.

Steve Davis
Aloha SM72
Trinidad

On May 18, 2016, at 10:44, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello all...

We are in the process of moving the last of our "stuff" onto our Super Maramu.  As an avid fisherman, I have a collection of 6 or 8 fishing rods that need to go somewhere.

Right now my best ideas are over the bunk in the passageway, or clipped to the bottom of the cockpit locker lid.  Any other creative ideas?

Bill Kinney
Harmonie, SM#160
Port Canaveral, Florida