Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] B&G paddle wheel sensor discontinued part

Bob Grey

Bill, have found a UK after market manufacturer for discontinued B&G parts including the SOV paddle wheel. It's called A&T electronics seems to be a sister company of Tinley Electronics.

Bob
Renaissance 3
55 #25

On Thursday, May 19, 2016, 00:05, Bill Kinney greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Bob,

If I had to bet, Airmar made that sensor.  Navonics (B&G) outsources all of these speed and . if you have a part number, Airmar can steer you to a local distributor who can get you an identical replacement.

Bill
On May 17, 2016, at 23:21, Bob Grey renaissanceiii@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill, thank you for your reply, I'm looking for an identical replacement otherwise it's a slip and replace with a different unit. There seem a plethora of alternatives which all require replacement on the hard.

Bob

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, May 18, 2016, 12:57, Bill Kinney greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

You might try contacting Airmar.  http://airmartechnology.com/productinfo.html?category=MT&name=Marine%20Transducers

They manufacture almost all of these types of senders and can help you find a suitable replacement.

Bill Kinney
Harmonie,  SM160
Port Canaveral, Florida

On May 17, 2016, at 22:54, Bob Grey renaissanceiii@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, my 2 year old B&G paddle wheel unit / sensor failed, its the type that goes through a gate valve. Part number 202-00-064. Going online to order another is met with the "part discontinued, no longer in stock" since this part had been in supply for many years and members of our group probable have a spare or two, or know where to find them. Can any one in our group direct me in the right direction. My local supplier in Australia can't help.

Bob Grey
Renaissance 3
Amel 55 #25