Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Maramu Ventilation Below

WILLIAM KLEIN <sidecar1@...>

There are saillike devices that can be put over deck hatches to force air into the boat. They actually work pretty good!

----- Original Message -----
From: Howard Berger
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2007 4:10 PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Maramu Ventilation Below

We're considering purchasing a Maramu (1984). Looking at the plans,
I'm struck by the lack of opening ports throughout the boat. As a
considerable amount of the time we plan to be out cruising will be in
the Tropics (both Caribbean and Pacific), the potential for a "hot"
boat below is a concern to me. The Caliber 40 in which we cruised the
Caribbean for more than a year has has a total of 10 opening ports (5
per side), plus larger hatches than are present on the Maramu, and
during the day it still got pretty hot below.

I'd appreciate any comments from current or former owners of the older
Maramu.

Best Regards,
Howard Berger