From: "Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: 05-09-2016 3:46 PM (GMT-04:00)
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Toilet base forward head

Hello Mark,

But as Bill said mine and your model are older and use a different base…
Nice repaid on your side!
How did you see/access the steel plate under the fiberglass?
I still would like to remove the broken bolt and put a new one!!!

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Club Nautico de San Juan, Puerto Rico

To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Monday, May 9, 2016, 1:38 PM

Eric,
 Alexandre is correct. Jabsco changed
the design of the part and did not change the part number. I
searched high and low for an old style base and am convinced
none are available.
 I had the same issue with the
cracking bases. I removed the old base and used fiberglass
mat and resin to repair it. So far so good. Both bases
cracked. The older repair is now going on two years (aft).
The forward head was recently repaired.
 To remove the base you will need to
back out the four bolts holding it. There are no nuts on the
underside. Under the fiberglass floor is a stainless steel
plate and the bolts go into threaded holes into this plate.
 Be careful not to force the bolts!!!!
They will break (ask me how I know this). Use some lube and
be VERY patient.
 Hope this helps.
     With best
regards,  Mark  Super Maramu
2000Hull
#275www.creampuff.usCurrently
cruising:  Cambridge Cay – Exuma Land and Sea Park -
Bahamas
Date: Friday, May 6, 2016, 4:31 PM

The base of the toilet of my forward head is
cracked.
I would like to
replace it but it
seems to be through bolted
and
I do not see
any access.
Does anyone know how to access the bolts or are
they
set in some material to
hold them in
place?