From: "john martin" <symoondog@hotmail.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Maramu Ventilation Below
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:34:55 +0000

Hi all, maybe a helful hint. We have canvas covers for all our deck hatches
that we leave on all the time except when sailing. Also we keep the heavy
Amel lined curtains closed doing the day and my wife even made lined
curtains for the small port holes in the galley,head, etc. With just the
main hatch open doing the day we get plenty of light but no sun below. You
can't see out the port holes anyhow,unless you're 7 feet tall. Remember the
more holes you cut in your boat the more it will flex in the ocean. My old
boat had lots of opening ports and hatches, I was always cool, ,,,,, and
wet!!! This boat has never leaked a drop.

John SM248 "Moondog"
From: "Howard Berger" <svresolute@hotmail.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Maramu Ventilation Below
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 21:10:39 -0000

We're considering purchasing a Maramu (1984). Looking at the plans,
I'm struck by the lack of opening ports throughout the boat. As a
considerable amount of the time we plan to be out cruising will be in
the Tropics (both Caribbean and Pacific), the potential for a "hot"
boat below is a concern to me. The Caliber 40 in which we cruised the
Caribbean for more than a year has has a total of 10 opening ports (5
per side), plus larger hatches than are present on the Maramu, and
during the day it still got pretty hot below.

I'd appreciate any comments from current or former owners of the older
Maramu.

Best Regards,
Howard Berger
Refi Now: Rates near 39yr lows! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate
new payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-17727&;moid=7581
Find what you need at prices youll love. Compare products and save at MSN Shopping. http://shopping.msn.com/default/shp/?ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24102&tcode=T001MSN20A0701