Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Stop Button Panel for Engine Perkins Prima m50

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Attilio,

Possibly your engine is a Volvo?

I do not know about Volvo, but Yanmar sells the stop button which is part
number 129470-91190. Possibly it will fit. If not, it seems that there are
many push button switches that will work.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail
On May 28, 2016 9:12 AM, "Siviero Attilio attilio.siviero@...
[amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi everybody,
over the years the engine of my Amel Santorin #84-1993, Sisila, suffered
always for the same inexplicable defect, which was essentially the
difficulty to switch it off.
After various experts attempts to find the problem, the last electrician,
in Rhodes, realized that the problem is simply the stop-button at the
engine panel.
The fact is that apparently it works if the button is pushed only half
way, not to the bottom. That is why it worked sometimes, when casually I
pushed less, tired to push for minutes in the attempt to switch off the
engine.
The electrician suggests to put an external button, since Perkins does not
provide only part of the panel, but the whole panel as replacement of the
original, which is ok for the rest, connecting the cables from the old
button to the new one, any brand.
Does anybody knows if somewhere there is the possibility to have only
parts of the panel, instead to replace the whole panel, or is there any
other alternative?
I saw other Santorin with same defect, some of them have an “emergency
cord” inside the engine room, by which they pull something in the engine,
to stop fuel flux, but the mechanic said that is not possible in my engine.
Any suggestion?

*Attilio & Maria Siviero*
*Amel Santorin#84 "Sisila"*