From: "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 20:46:38 -0400
To: <amelyachtowners@...>
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel Forstay and Furler removal.

Hi Peter,
I had a similar issue on SM243.  After loosening the back stays, I couldn't quite get the turnbuckle started when reassembling.  I made a yoke that went under the bow and used a halyard to pull the mast forward enough to get it started.  I may have been able to do it with some help, but by myself that's the only way I could figure out how to get it all back together.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

On May 28, 2016, at 7:21 PM, peter.buckley60@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,
I have to service the genoa furler on my Mango #70 and I am having difficulty getting the tension off the forestay. I have released pressure on the mizzen back stays and the main mast backstay but there still seems to be too much tension on the forestay to remove the pin. I have removed the 8 x 6mm blind rivets and the furling foil is free and tied up with the halyard.
Is there something I am missing in my procedure? I have read Craig's instructions from SV Sangaris and feel the tension on the forestay may make reassembly difficult.
Any help would be great.

Peter
Gradiva
Mango #70