Re: Amel Forstay and Furler removal.

william_maffei@...

I concur with Kent. In the past I have serviced my furling motor and had to remove my forestay. I was able to do this by backing off the mizzen backstays and using the halyards ( I have 3, 2 extra and the head sail main halyard) to put the rig forward, allowing enough play to pop the pin from the forestay. I was then able to use the halyards as temporary stays while having the furling plate re-tapped and serviced. Worked like a charm. Small side note: I used electrical tape to mark the position of the rig when re-installing. The job only required 2 people.

Cheers,

Bill Maffei
SM #195
It's all Good