Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] chain size

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Bill, thanks for your email and for good information.

That problem was discussed before, but I could not find the conclusion for this discusion.
I hope that someone already tried that. It is less expensive to buy US chain.

On May 29, 2016 8:07 AM, "'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Vladamir,

Be careful, your gypsy is cut for a pitch of 30mm and the chain you are looking at has probably a pitch of 31mm. Pitch is the measurement of the inside of the length of a link.

American chain is made mainly to ISO G30 and G43 standards with longer links that may not fit European gypsies. I believe that Lofrans makes a gypsy for 10mm (3/8") that has a 31 pitch.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 11:19 AM, sonsev52@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Gary,

I want to buy 3/8 " G4 ACCO chain. I have original P 30 gypsy. Is it going to work? Did it work for you?

Vladimir Sonsev
SM 345 "Life is Good"
Annapolis