From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, 30 May 2016 6:15 AM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Possible New [used really] Amel on the horizon!

Thank you Peregrinus and John

Very affirming. With some harsh injuries, these boats seem physically forgiving as well.

With all else being equal, stowage/weight would be the advantage on the larger Maramu for passagemaking.

Thank you for your responses.
Food for sought.

On Sunday, May 29, 2016 4:14 AM, "jjjk12s@yahoo.com [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Damon,

Sharkis do have a great use of space. Which model depends on what you want to do and what you can find. As they are old boats now the condition and history is important. I would much rather have a nice Sharki than a poorly kept Maramu. But for carrying capacity, rough weather comfort and long distance sailing I would rather have the bigger one. For economy of maintenance and staying in marinas the smaller one has advantages, especially for just a couple.

The water tight bulkheads are very good. The same clever ideas are there on the different models.

Also, if only Amel were kind enough to still make a smaller boat ......

John, Maramu #91, Popeye