Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Salt Water in Bilge in hallway next to fwd head.

karkauai

Eric has a Santorin, not sure of hull number.  No air conditioners, so most likely the bow thruster.  There are some good instructions on how to tweak the tension on the cable, I think in the files section.  I found that if I use a sealant around the lip seal, and pack the seal with waterproof grease, it lasts a lot longer.

Other possibilities are chain wash pump connections, and chain locker drain connections or valve.

Those with Air Conditioning could have a leak in the cooling pump system.  Anything that leaks forward of the bulkhead will accumulate there.

Where are y'all now?  Still on the Chesapeake?
Kent
SM243
Kristy
Currently Bonaire

On May 29, 2016, at 4:18 PM, ericmeury@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I'm sure this has been discussed before but.

Why is there salt water accumulating in the bilge area in front of my, i just replaced the bow thruster seals these are brand new.

Any other ideas?  Bow locker?