Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel Forstay and Furler removal.

Peter Buckley <carhartt@...>

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the advice. I did use the halyards. One to support the furler extrusion and one to pull the mast forward. In the age of the iPhone I took some images to help with the reinstall.
I will post images when it’s back together.
Thanks

Peter
Mango #70
Gradiva

--
Peter Buckley

83 Twelfth Avenue
Raymond Island VIC 3880

Phone: 0428 427 786

Email: carhartt@...

From: "william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: 29 May 2016 05:49:25 -0700
To: <amelyachtowners@...>
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel Forstay and Furler removal.

I concur with Kent. In the past I have serviced my furling motor and had to remove my forestay. I was able to do this by backing off the mizzen backstays and using the halyards ( I have 3, 2 extra and the head sail main halyard) to put the rig forward, allowing enough play to pop the pin from the forestay. I was then able to use the halyards as temporary stays while having the furling plate re-tapped and serviced. Worked like a charm. Small side note: I used electrical tape to mark the position of the rig when re-installing. The job only required 2 people.

Cheers,

Bill Maffei
SM #195
It's all Good