Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Salt Water in Bilge in hallway next to fwd head.

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

There is a salt water feed sea cock to the forward head. That hose can leak and the old hose clamps fail with time.

Fair Winds Smooth Sailing To All
Capt Richard
RP Yacht Brokerage
Newport RI
We list sell and service fine yachts including Amel's
Cell 603 767 5330

On May 29, 2016, at 23:42, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Eric has a Santorin, not sure of hull number.  No air conditioners, so most likely the bow thruster.  There are some good instructions on how to tweak the tension on the cable, I think in the files section.  I found that if I use a sealant around the lip seal, and pack the seal with waterproof grease, it lasts a lot longer.

Other possibilities are chain wash pump connections, and chain locker drain connections or valve.

Those with Air Conditioning could have a leak in the cooling pump system.  Anything that leaks forward of the bulkhead will accumulate there.

Where are y'all now?  Still on the Chesapeake?
Kent
SM243
Kristy
Currently Bonaire

On May 29, 2016, at 4:18 PM, ericmeury@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I'm sure this has been discussed before but.

Why is there salt water accumulating in the bilge area in front of my, i just replaced the bow thruster seals these are brand new.

Any other ideas?  Bow locker?