Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Maramu engine access

wgehrich

Bill,

Yes, I forgot the aftermost engine component was not the
transmission, but the shaft generator, which I believe was standard
equipment. Have you found a way to wedge yourself under the forward
cockpit lip on either/both of the port or starboard sides so that
you can inspect/repair from the side, or do you end up leaning over
the engine to service items mounted on the front of the engine?

BTW, the boat I inspected is not mine, my wife and I are prospective
purchasers. A fellow south Floridian was kind enough to show us his.

Graham

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "WILLIAM KLEIN"
<sidecar1@...> wrote:

The bilge sump is unaccessable by human hand. You would have to
use a magnet , hook or some type of grabber tool that mechanics use.
The placement of your engine is the same as on my 1981 Maramu. Do
you have a propeller shaft generator between the trans and shaft
seal as does mine? Bill Klein, SV POPEYE